What is the She’s for Sure Program?
The She’s for Sure Program is an adult outpatient program for women who need substance abuse treatment. This program is designed to provide specialized female services to pregnant women and/or women with children under the age of 18, including women whose children are in the custody of the court or the state. The purpose of the program is to provide trauma-informed and gender-specific treatment services that aid in the recovery from substance to women who do not require a more intensive environment (such as residential services) to achieve abstinence and meet treatment goals.
Services include treatment and/or referrals for mental and physical health care needs. Information about HIV, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s), Hepatitis B & C, Tuberculosis and the effects of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs (ATOD) is readily available. We also have classes covering the following topics:
- Communication skills, assertiveness, how to advocate for yourself, and anger management;
- Social skills and impulse control skills;
- Daily living skills including stress management, organizational skills, time management, self-care, nutrition and healthy food preparation, housekeeping, household management, employment, grooming and clothing, recreation and leisure, budgeting, financial planning and banking;
- Societal skills including systems access and navigation (transportation, healthcare, housing, legal services, etc.), financial support (access to Temporary Assistance for Needy Families [TANF] Medicaid/health insurance, food stamps, child support, etc.), problem-solving and conflict resolution.
What are the Goals of the Program?
The goal of the She’s for Sure program is to provide women in need with services that will aid in their recovery for themselves and their families. We strive to ensure those suffering with a substance abuse disorder have access to resources that will lead them back to living satisfying and productive lives.
Who is Eligible?
Adult women with dependent children (including women whose children are in custody of the state) and pregnant women who meet the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders criteria for substance use disorders.
What Services are Provided?
- Free confidential screening
- Treatment planning
- Individual, group, and family counseling
- Educational groups
- Life skills counseling and education
- Trauma-informed services that address issues related to violence, trauma and addiction
- How to stop using tobacco
- Family Support services
- Case Management services
- After-care planning
What is the Cost?
The She’s for Sure Program is funded by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS). Based on income, a woman may be eligible for state funded services or on a sliding scale. Medicaid, CHIP, and private health insurance are also accepted.
502 North CarverMidland TX 79701432-570-33001012 W MacArthurOdessa TX 79764432-333-3265
She’s For Sure provides services to the following counties: Ector and Midland.
Funded by the Texas Department of State Health Services